Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 1 Update

Helpful website keeps me on track!
Well, the first day proved better than expected. I honestly didn't think I'd get any words down yesterday. After all, I don't really have a plot, or any idea where the story is going, but I still managed to write 2855 words. The contest has a neat little device that breaks down my progress into all sorts of facts. Like, if I continue to write at this pace I'll be finished on October 18, 2013. Eep!

On a good note, the folks over at Avon are aware of my endeavour and told me not to stress if I don't make the deadline. Still, I love a good challenge. So I'm not going to stress over this project. I'm just going to try my best to get it done.

Today is going to be a hard one to get much done in the daylight hours. I have physio at 11, have to take my Mom to an appointment at 1, and Rowan has a photoshoot with his cousins at 3. But after that, when daddy gets home, I'm hoping to make a good dent in the word count.

It's also noteworthy that I haven't felt this excited about writing since I found out Rowan was on the way. This is the kick in needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment