Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 2 complete

I'm happy to say that even with yesterday's limited hours I managed to surpass the previous day's word count. The grand total now stands at 6081.

Day 2 Status
Today I have no plans, so this will be the real test of how much writing it is possible to get done in the daylight hours with a three month old. Should be fun! One indicator is that I began this blog post at around 9:50 am. It's now 10:30. Rowan woke, and then I realized we both needed to eat, so there's the first slow down. But now he's lying happily on the floor and I'm ready to roll.

Other good news to report: I have characters that I now understand, and the plot is coming together. You'd think 18 pages in I'd know where this novel is heading, but I haven't a clue. I am truly flying by the seat of my pants on this one. The only thing we can all be sure of, since this is a romance novel, is that they end up together in the end. But I'd like my novel to have a bit more meat to it than that. Maybe today I'll figure that out.


No comments:

Post a Comment